Thursday, December 03, 2009

things I don't know

I do a lot of "programming" and I think I know a thing or two about what I'm doing. Well maybe programming isn't the right term - so I put it in quotes there. What I do is hack around, a script here, a script there.

Today, I stumbled on a real programmmer's blog, Bartosz Milewski. I read (skimmed really) a couple posts. Amazing the level of detail in these. Then I went and checked out his business, peer-to-peer version control tool.

Wait, I thought, peer-to-peer is just for pirates and other scoundrals - right? But it really clicked with me. At my company we develop SoCs using many sites. I wondered how would this work for us? Can it handle zillions of gigs of data? I don't have time to investigate - plus its not my job - but some day, if I have the time, I'll read up on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment