Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Deep Chip!
Wow, I wrote a report and got myself into Deep Chip. For my job I evaluated a couple of products. One from Atrenta and one from Mentor. My "paper" on the subject got posted!

But on the same day it was posted, Atrenta came to speak to me. They told me about fixes and new features coming down the pike. I sent a note to John over at Deep Chip the very next day:

John:

RE: http://www.deepchip.com/items/0468-08.html

You're emailing this post today is timely. I met with Atrenta yesterday and learned some new things:

* Atrenta does offer Formal verification engine for CDC checks.
* Spyglass CDC does offer automatic recognition of cdc constructs (fifos etc.),
but we need the "advanced" license. At the time I did my testing
I did not have access to one.
* Spyglass does have the ability to be informed that a cell is a
synchronizer without using patterns. But I'm not
sure this would work for us since I have not tried it. If it worked this
would be equivalent to "0in set_cdc_synchronizer custom" which
Mentor's tool supports.

IMHO, the rest of the paper is still valid.

-mike


So there you go, my work is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment